Wednesday, November 19, 2014

poetry slam: Kell Inkston edition- 2

Hello everyone, I hope you're all staying warm in the icy darkness sweeping across the Northern Hemisphere. Get a beverage and enjoy this probably-depressing poem.


The Book of Imagination
Kell Inkston

                I opened the book of imagination today,
                Let’s see what I can find.
                Look for truth and lies and silver,
                Put to rest the yearning mind.

                I turned through the pages today,
                Hope I find a good world.
                See dragons and ships a plenty,
                As the ideas come unfurled.

                I got to the end today,
                Didn’t find much of use.
                Looks as though my imagination

                Has run out with my muse.

No comments:

Post a Comment